About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The Planning Division is a diverse organization housed within the New England District (NAE) Headquarters in Concord, MA. Members of the Planning Division have expertise in water resources planning, including plan formulation, environmental evaluation and restoration, cultural resources evaluation, economics, Civil Works Policy, and public involvement.
- This position serves as chief of the Environmental and Cultural Resources Section.
- The incumbent supervises a staff of physical scientists, environmental resource specialists, biologists, and archaeologists in the environmental/cultural evaluation of New England District civil works projects and military projects.
- Develop Environmental Assessments (EA), Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), and related studies or activities in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Obtain coastal zone management and water quality certification approvals for district activities.
- Ensure compliance with other environmental and cultural resource related laws and regulations (e.g. Federal Endangered Species Act, Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act, Essential Fish Habitat regulations).
- Support the incorporation of environmental features in plans and projects.
- Ensure compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act, and assist in the review of environmental impact statements for other agencies.
Occasional travel - Overnight business travel required 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528569300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.