This position is located in the Applied Research and Methods (ARM), Office of the Managing Director. This position will serve as a senior Librarian and agency expert, responsible for managing, coordinating, and implementing library systems and technology resources for the delivery of library content and services, as well as serving as the principle advisor on library systems and technology. To learn more about ARM and its Centers, please visit us at: ARMLearn more about this agency
The ARM team is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a senior Librarian and agency expert responsible for managing, coordinating, and implementing library systems and technology resources for the delivery of library content and services; and serving as the principle advisor on library systems and technology. Duties involve, but are not limited to, the following:
• Providing innovative user-responsive access to the digital library materials, systems, and services; and designing and managing complex systems including all electronic resources throughout their life cycle of access, administration, support, and evaluation.
• Administering and configuring the library's integrated library system, and collaborating with stakeholders to develop, configure, enhance, and maintain the library’s discovery environments and their supporting systems, such as electronic resource management system, link resolver, discovery layer, library Web sites.
• Leading usage and resource data collection projects to support collection decisions and budgeting allocations.
• Preparing and developing written guidelines, training guides, or Web-based resources relating to library automation products and services in the following areas, integrated library system, electronic resource management system, link resolver, discovery layer, library Web sites.
• Providing expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to other technical specialists and GAO management on short- and long-range planning for library systems and future conversion(s) to the next generation of systems as technology continues to change.
• Maintaining expert knowledge of emerging trends and issues in discovery, metadata, and user behavior that have potential for enhancing access to library resources and services; and evaluating potential new services and technologies and recommends policy and procedural changes that improve access or efficiency.
• Providing authoritative advice on library systems in the federal environment to other library and information professional within and outside GAO, participating in federal working groups and at the national level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528494100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.