About the Position: Perform a wide range of warehousing activities in the Department of Logistics at a major medical treatment facility (MTF) with responsibility for shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing materials (i.e., medical and non-medical supplies and equipment). The incumbent may perform all or some of the materials handling duties described under major duties.Learn more about this agency
- Check and assemble materials, process shipping/distribution documents, route materials and equipment to correct locations or storage areas.
- Unload supplies from trucks or other conveyances utilizing forklifts, manual and mechanized pallet jacks, etc.
- Verify materials received against manifests, delivery receipts, routing slips, or bills of lading.
- Process and prepare the distribution and shipment of Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT).
- Complete routing documents and forwards copies to supply office for filing.
- Unpack boxes, cartons, and other containers and disassembles and distributes unit loads received.
- Check supplies for nomenclature, stock number, quantity and condition.
- Monitor the physical upkeep and housekeeping of the warehouse, as well as the safety of storage spaces.
- Pack and crate outgoing material, verifies material against shipping order.
- Locate, access, load, and move materials for shipments from trucks.
- Maintain material receipt/issue, location, and tracking records utilizing computer terminal, bar code wand/scanner, etc.
- Prepare basic correspondence pertaining to purchase orders, requisitions, missing receipts, underages and overages of shipments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528436400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.