This position exists to provide administrative support to an office within the National Museum of Natural (NMNH), within one of the science units. All NMNH offices need administrative support: managing funds; purchasing supplies, equipment, and services; general office support (answering phones, processing mail and correspondence, maintaining files, etc.); arranging travel; preparing and tracking personnel actions; answering correspondence; tracking time and attendance.Learn more about this agency
- Provides advice and assistance to the Head in all operations of the unit, and those in association with the Museum, Smithsonian, or scientific community, regarding space and facilities utilization, utilization of personnel, administration support for unit research programs, coordination of activities with regard to moves, budget preparation and allocation, requests and justifications, etc.
- Creates and maintains computerized unit spreadsheets containing personnel and funding information to be used as tools by the incumbent and the Head for analysis of patterns, etc., to apply towards effective management of the unit.
- Establishes and maintains accountability records for funds control of the various financial matters relating to the work of the unit.
- Conveys to unit staff, verbally or in writing, all necessary personnel and payroll procedures and changes to procedures.
- Serves as channel of communication between Head and any of the various Smithsonian administrative offices in performance of administrative and fiscal duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528412600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.