The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See “Other Information” for Locations.
*Announcement amended to include additional cut-off date for 08/13/2019*Learn more about this agency
The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Project/Program Manager you will be responsible for accomplishing various analytical studies and/or projects relating to substantive, mission-oriented programs of the Internal Revenue Service. The studies or projects involve complex programs, systems, or issues and have impact on multiple IRS locations and/or organizations. In this role you will coordinate the impact of the project with employees and managers in all affected areas within the Service and with individuals and organizations outside the Service. Specifically, you will use your analytical and technical skills to conduct in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact and you will identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them.
As a Management and Program Analyst, you will:
- Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of project accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensures that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Prepare recommendations for resource requirements to accomplish the project; negotiates with managers of various components of the Service to obtain needed resources and support.
- Plan, coordinates and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project mission; as needed, directs the development and accomplishment of employee training relating to the project.
- Establish a system to review, control, and report on project status; Monitors project status and adjusts work plans for project accomplishment.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them; Prepare agency directives, IRM issuances, memoranda, service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the project.
- Conduct briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to keep managers and executives advised of project plans and progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528411600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.