The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
The anticipated start date is to be determined.
The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
WHAT DOES A TECHNICAL ADVISOR DO? The Technical Advisor is responsible for providing key leadership in driving the development, implementation and ongoing management of IRS' online taxpayer services and application features. You will be managing all activities relative to the primary focus of delivering a valuable and comprehensible online experience for the taxpayer.
As a Technical Advisor, you will:
- Meet with managers, Executives and IRS Senior leadership to define overall program goals and objectives.
- Prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of program and product accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensure that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules and policies.
- Validate recommendations of needed resources with managers of various components of the Service.
- Establish a system to review, control, and monitor on critical program deliverables.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them; review agency directives, IRM issuances, memoranda, service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the project.
- Conduct briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to keep managers or executives advised of program progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Responsible for developing, establishing, and maintaining adequate processes for review of work products and projects to assure technical and administrative completeness and accuracy
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528404400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.