This position is located in the Department of Labor, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). Information on the OCIO is available at https://www.dol.gov/oasam/ocio/
- This position is outside the bargaining unit.
- The salary reflects the Rest of U.S. scale and will be adjusted to meet the locality pay of the duty location upon selection.
- Candidate required to obtain the necessary security/investigation level.Learn more about this agency
Major duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as an IT security technical expert on information security policies, standards, directives, guidance, and serves as project team leader. Responsible for the coordination and integration of all aspects of the Department's cyber, telecommunications, and information security programs. The employee develops and implements the Department's IT information assurance objectives.
- Attends meetings with IT security experts to exchange information, collaborate to learn best practices, and maintain contact with Departmental programs, agencies, and industry security consultants. Serves as an OCIO expert on IT security and actively participates in the coordination and integration of all aspects of the Agency's cyber, telecommunications, and information security program.
- Serves as an expert resource for OCIO IT security policy initiatives. As assigned, develops policy and coordinates groups that promote the Agency's IT security guidelines, directives, and procedural initiatives.
- Interprets Federal and DOL IT security policies for the Agency; develops and establishes policy for the functional areas; determines the methodology to be employed; identifies and resolves critical methodology to be employed; identifies and resolves critical problems and issues; integrates and develops, assigns, and coordinates the work of team leaders and team members; and coordinates the work with work of others in ITC, the Agency, and other DOL agencies.
- Recommends OCIO security requirements. Develops and defines security program plans within the Departmental guidelines and specifications, and based on agency requirement.
- Participates with senior staff in establishing goals for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Agency information technology security objectives and requirements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
14 - This position is at the Full-Performance Level (FPL).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528351600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.