This position is located in the Office of General Counsel (OGC), Smithsonian Institution, (SI), Washington, DC. The employee provides legal support by performing general paralegal duties to support the attorneys of the OGC in all aspects of the legal work of the Office.Learn more about this agency
- Provides litigation support. Review and summarize the factual record, conducting legal research, preparing and responding to discovery requests, and compiling relevant information for dispositive motions and trials.
- Provides general legal support. Draft, prepare, and review legal material. Conduct extensive and thorough legal research on precedent cases, decisions, and opinions that may be applicable to particular legal matters.
- Reviews and organizes complex factual material and other documentary data. Design and prepare exhibits, legal briefs, and other materials needed for trial.
- Performs initial evaluation of whether documents located by Smithsonian units are responsive to records requests, recommend additional action, and redact documents with guidance from overseeing attorney.
- Issues litigation holds, including drafting and editing letters, organizing responses received, and following up with officials to ensure compliance.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528342500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.