- This position is inside the bargaining unit at all grade levels.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Department of Labor (DOL), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Office of Fiscal Integrity, Division of Client Accounting Services (DCAS).
The mission of the Division is to provide for the effective and efficient management of OCFO resources through implementation of best business practices by linking strategic planning, budgeting, and performance reporting.
This is a student internship appointment. Upon completion of requirements for graduation and successful completion of the internship, the appointee may become eligible for non-competitive conversion, at the agency's discretion, to a term or permanent position in the competitive service.
Appointee must be a U.S. citizen in order to be eligible for conversion to a permanent position in the competitive service upon completion of the internship.
- Assists in the performance of overall and/or case-by-case review, research and fact-finding of technical financial files, records, listings, transactions, ledgers, reports, and reference materials; plans and carries out a broad range of financial support work assignments; identifies and resolves problems and deviations; answers technical financial related questions and inquiries; makes determinations concerning technical support of financial actions, situations, and issues and takes corrective action.
- Assists in the performance of data entry and research on applicable automated systems using different and varied technical processes; interprets user requirements when assisting specialist and programmers in designing new systems or modifications to existing financial management systems as a result of regulatory and program requirements.
- Assists with reviews, analyses, reconciliations and adjustments to financial payment transactions to ensure validity before data is interfaced with the core financial system or submitted to other Payment and Budget Units. Transactions include but are not limited to contracts, purchase orders, commercial invoices, training forms, close-out documents, purchase card activity, transit and travel documents-authorizations, advances and Travel Management Center/TMC bills, IPAC, Centrally-Billed Account (CBA), invoice, and miscellaneous obligation documents.
- Assists in the review and approval of vendor invoices and ensures that they are consistent with the payment provisions of the purchase order or contract; Examines each cost item included on an invoice to determine if the vendor has provided sufficient data to support the charges; contacts the vendor as needed to obtain additional data or to clarify the charges.
12 - There is no obligation to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the need for an employee promoted to the higher level, and supervisory approval.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528296300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.