The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System is seeking a Registered Nurse (Electrophysiology Laboratory) to be a member of the Medicine Service Team.Learn more about this agency
The EP Lab is an integral part of the Cardiology Department within the Medicine Division. The selected incumbent will provide nursing care to patients undergoing invasive diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac procedures (both emergent and non-emergent). Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Function with a high degree of teamwork, utilize critical thinking, and demonstrate exceptional communication skills with all intra- and interdisciplinary partners.
- Provide complex nursing care to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs of critically ill patients including those requiring mechanical ventilation.
- Aseptically prepare patient and the surgical field, select required instruments, catheters, guide wires and ancillary equipment necessary for the prescribed procedure. Preps and drapes patient according to protocol; assist in maintaining sterile field, helping with catheter exchanges, injections, and balloon dilatation.
- Provide venous access via initiation of an intravenous (IV) line
- Prepare and administer medications (including those given for moderate sedation) as directed by the physician for all emergent and non-emergent procedures in the EP Lab and/or for transesophageal echo's (TEE).
- Assist in monitoring hemodynamic and ECG monitoring of the patient
- Cares for patients requiring invasive equipment to include an intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) or an Impella.
- Utilize the appropriate computer program to acquire, reconstruct and analyze data.
- Removes arterial and venous sheaths and achieves effective hemostasis.
- Other duties as assigned
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528278500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.