This position is located in the Department of Health and Human (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Radiological Health (CDRH), Office of Surveillance and Biometrics (OSB), Clinical Outreach Branch I and Clinical Outreach Branch II located in Silver Spring, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Interdisciplinary Engineer within the Division of Patient Safety Partnerships (DPSP) for the evaluation of postmarket adverse event reports concerning medical devices and radiologic products;
- Perform duties that include resolving a broad range of scientific multidisciplinary issues concerning the application of FDA?s legislated regulatory authorities related to the overall Medical Product Safety Network (MedSun) program;
- Deviate from or extend traditional methodologies and develop solutions to complex problems, setting precedents that affect internal and industry program activities and regulated materials, machines, devices, or facilities;
- Analyze and evaluate the implementation of new policies that impact the DPSP's mission and immediately contact the SMEs about the possibility of chances in MedSun program.
- Responsible for ensuring that the organization?s strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated and integrated into the team?s strategies, goals, objectives, and work; communicates to the team milestones;
- Participate in meetings with the Branch Chief, Division Director and other Center officials, and when appropriate, the Agency, on problems related to products under review;
- Conduct expert technical review of precedent-setting professional studies, reach, and analysis in scientific and engineering fields and applies findings in the development of national guidance, policies or directives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528269600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.