DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.
- This position is outside the bargaining unit at all grade levels.Learn more about this agency
The Emergency Management Center (EMC), within the Office of Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management (OASAM), serves as the Department of Labor’s (DOL) focal point for all emergency management policy, planning, preparedness and response coordination. The EMC manages and has program oversight for the following program areas: Continuity of Operations (COOP), Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Program (CISR), Continuity of Government (COG), Communications Security (COMSEC) and Operations Security (OPSEC). The EMC is also responsible for a Test, Training, and Exercise (TT&E) program for these areas.
At the full performance level, the incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Performs national security emergency management federal coordination duties, and works with other Federal counterparts in other Federal departments and agencies during 1) continuity of
operations (COOP) test, training and exercise activities, 2) Emergency Operations Center (EOC) activities, and 3) other related activities and operations to coordinate overall response and recovery efforts.
- Develops, reviews, revises, and maintains Emergency Management plans and procedures for the Department of Labor. Coordinates with the DOL Headquarters emergency points of
contact, providing guidance for establishing essential functions and ensuring headquarters operations and emergency resources continue with minimal disruption during emergencies.
- Coordinates and facilitates the collection and analysis of evaluation data. Advises personnel on program evaluation methodologies and procedures.
- Serves as the DOL liaison and representative on external committees and work groups dealing with national security, homeland security, emergency management, emergency communications, and continuity topics and issues. Provide input to workgroup issues as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is designated Mission Critical Emergency. Incumbent participates as a key member of the DOL Emergency Response Group (ERG) in response to emergencies. Incumbent is subject to 24-hour on-call in the event of any emergency.”
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month.
12 - There is no obligation to provide future promotions if you are selected. Promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, meet all the performance requirements, and supervisor’s recommendation to the next grade.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528251300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.