Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to WG-07 To remove, clean, replace, pack, and seal defective parts of existing utility supply, and disposal systems. WG-09 To perform the full range of journey level plumbing duties such as installing, repairing, and modifying water supply, sewage disposal, gas distribution, oil lines, and similar utility systems and equipment.
- Following specific information, locates and make repairs that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, replacing, packing, and sealing defective parts of utility, supply, and disposal systems such as dirty traps, sections of broken tile or pipe.
- Checks operation and performs preventive inspections to small parts and sections of existing systems such as water heaters, disposal units, and faucets
- Uses and maintains tools such as tapes, rules, hacksaws, hand and power pipe threaders and cutters, packing and caulking irons, and pipe wrenches
- Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains safe and clean work environment
- Independently installs, modifies, repairs, maintains a variety of new/existing utility supply, disposal systems, equipment such as sewage, water, oil/gas distribution systems, water closets, tubs, backflow prevention devices and associated systems
- Plans and accomplishes work from initial layout to final assembly which involves interpreting and applying building plans, specifications, blueprints, sketches, and other plumbing guides/codes, and using shop mathematics
- Troubleshoots/tests various plumbing systems and equipment including backflow prevention devices such as reduced pressure principle devices, double check devices, atmospheric vacuum breakers, and other cross connection devices
- Uses and maintains tools such as tapes, rules, plumb bobs, hand and power pipe threaders, cutters, pipe wrenches, angle drills, hacksaws and power saws, power sewer cleaning equipment, various gas detectors and meters, and lead pots
- Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work environment. Uses and assures proper fit of required safety equipment and clothing
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528238500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.