This position is located in US Coast Guard Headquarters, Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (DCMS), Office of Security Policy & Management (DCMS-34), Security Policy Division (DCMS-341), Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will serve as a Physical Security Specialist and member of the Physical Security Branch which is responsible for reviewing, evaluating and assisting Coast Guard Commands, Units and HQ Program Managers in accomplishing USCG Physical Security Program requirements.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Conducting Staff Assistance Visits, which will consist of conducting two-week visits to USCG units to assist the unit with physical security and AT/FP standards and measures;
- Reviewing facility designs, inspecting facilities where sensitive material will be located, and ascertaining the use to be made of material in the organization; and determining who is to use the material, and how it should be protected;
- Performing compliance visits; evaluating a Unit's compliance with existing physical security and Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) standards and measures; and developing innovative approaches to achieve compliance;
- Performing vulnerability assessments (VA) which are designed to identify AT/FP vulnerabilities, both actual physical security limitations and shortfalls within the execution of established AT/FP procedures and operations;
- Preparing reports regarding the findings and recommendations resulting from the Staff Assistance Visits; Compliance Visits; and Vulnerability Assessments conducted by the field support team;
- Developing new methods, criteria, and proposed policies; researching and implementing new and improved security methods and procedures within the USCG; and establishing criteria for identifying and analyzing trends in security violations and other lapses in security, and in measuring organizational effectiveness in achieving security objectives and goals;
- Providing AT/FP Level III Instruction for the Prospective Commanding Officer/Prospective Executive Officer (PCO/XO) Course at the CG Academy Leadership and Development School, and the Command Security Officer Course (CSO).
25% or less - This position requires frequent travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528197700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.