This position is located in the Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Smithsonian Institution. The incumbent serves as Construction Representative under the general supervision of the Facility/Building Manager and provides expertise in facility maintenance and contracting techniques to best support building systems and execution of maintenance projects.Learn more about this agency
Smithsonian Facilities provides unparalleled stewardship of Smithsonian buildings, gardens, and facilities – operating, maintaining, and ensuring a safe, secure, healthy environment that enhances the Smithsonian experience for all. As the largest and most diverse organization within the Smithsonian Institution, Smithsonian Facilities’ employees are located throughout the 19 world-class museums, galleries, gardens, research and cultural centers, as well as the National Zoological Park. Our team is comprised of professionals from every facet of facilities management, performing the majority of projects and requirements with our own workforce. Responsible for the planning, design, construction, maintenance, and safety of the Smithsonian’s world-wide facilities, we accomplish our mission and vision through four Strategic Goals:
- Partnering with the Smithsonian Community
- Caring for Distinctive Buildings and Grounds
- Providing Exceptional Experiences for Internal and External Customers
- Cultivating a Highly Motivated and Dedicated Workforce
For more information about Smithsonian Facilities, Click Here.
- Acts as principle maintenance representative and contact on maintenance contracts, projects or programs with high visibility, sensitivity and fiscal responsibility.
- Coordinates on-site inspections during construction and determines whether foundations, structural, mechanical/electrical, and architectural systems are installed in compliance with contract plans and specifications and insuring work meets the agency quality standards.
- Oversees inspections of projects, including performing surveillance of contractor processes; problem investigation and resolution; validation of corrective actions; technical coordination; and liaison between the contractors and agency personnel.
- Manages performance of maintenance facility projects to determine effectiveness of maintenance methods, costs, adequacy of materials and availability of materials in an effort to keep costs within budget.
- Develops specifications and procedures necessary to resolve unusual maintenance situations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528182200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.