The position duty station is in a location near a Great Lakes Seaway System seaport or in Washington, DC. The position requires significant domestic and international travel.
Salary: Salary listed will be adjusted to meet the locality pay or cost of living expenses of the duty location upon selection.Learn more about this agency
As an International Trade Specialist, you will:
- Supports SLSDC senior management on the preparation, planning and execution of short and long-term trade and economic development programs and activities designed to stimulate regional economic growth and promote increase waterborne transportation on the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Seaway System.
- Provide analysis of economic metric and trends.
- Act as liaison to private sector and trade groups concerning their marketing programs and initiatives.
- Initiate contact with U.S., Canadian and international shipping companies, port directors and other Seaway users to determine user needs and disseminate information on the commercial attributes of the Great Lakes Seaway System.
- Keep current and prospective user updated on Corporation and legislative plans and policies that affect users. Keeps Director and Senior Staff informed of both positive and negative reactions in these areas.
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with company officials engaged in waterborne transportation to exchange information, explain objectives and to influence or motivate officials toward a particular course of action.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Seaway System Maritime Industry.
76% or greater - Position requires significant amount of travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528126600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.