You will serve as a Senior Network Systems Administrator in the of UNIF SRVS UNI OF THE HLTH SCI.Learn more about this agency
This announcement uses the Cyber Workforce direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the cyber workforce.
- You will perform the duties of full systems administration to include management, operation and maintenance of Windows Active Directory Systems Management services, Windows Server Administration and Windows O/S updates and patching.
- You will serve as the systems network specialist for the planning, designing, implementing, coordinating, and testing providing overall network access needs to University students, faculty, staff and Uniformed Services University (USU) remote sites.
- You will provide high-level technical expertise to server as the full systems administrator for Windows Active Directory Management and associated Windows servers.
- You will perform the duties of the network administrator and systems manager for Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN).
- You will serve as Windows Active Directory/Windows Server technical advisor to Manager or Director of IT Service Desk (ISD).
- You will perform enterprise server administration and related services to include domain administration, managing accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- You will recommend, evaluate, install, and test physical and virtual servers, various software, and the telecommunication interface
- You will assume lead in technical operations and tracking of local network interface and network servers.
- You will analyze local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- You will resolve interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including email, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like, while utilizing tools to implement security procedures.
- You will compile, maintain, and generate written operations and systems manual detailing the configurations, set-up, and maintenance and start-up procedures for the Microsoft servers to include list of all parts and replacement numbers and recovery.
- You will evaluate, select and install LAN hardware and software.
- You will serve as the technical expert and advisor to the Manager or Director of IT ISD, and Network Operations Communications (NOC) technical staff for LAN architectures, topologies, and network operating systems.
- You will provide on-site and off-site technical advice, assistance, and guidance to all levels of users in the area of network administration.
- You will serve as project leader to coordinate the completion of major tasks associated with network operations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528044800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.