The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) is principally concerned with providing a wide range of high quality services and resources during the proposal and award phases of sponsored projects administration and accounting for grants and contracts for all bureaus, offices and research institutes of the Smithsonian.Learn more about this agency
- Assures that the work of a team of Grant/Contract Financial Analysts in the Financial Management (Post-Award) Division is successfully executed.
Provides advice and guidance, answers grant and contract related questions and finds solutions to unusual problems.
- Recommends and implements actions to improve the operations of grants/contract financial process and procedures.
- Monitors expenses, resolving financial administrative problems and assuring compliance with budgetary limits, funding agency requirements, Smithsonian policy and procedures, and sound management practices.
- Verifies the legitimacy and appropriateness of expenditures while assisting the principal investigator or project director in the management of the grant funds.
Secures sponsor-mandated approvals for foreign travel, equipment purchase and document actions.
- Meets stewardship obligation for contracts and grants by applying modern business and financial management policies, procedures and practices in ways designed to maximize the Smithsonian's use of resources.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528044700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.