This position is located in the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), Superintendent House Office Buildings (HOB), Assistant Superintendent, Facilities Support Division. The House Capital Projects Administrator will provide significant professional engineering support for the Cannon Renewal and other HOB projects including planning, design, pre-construction, construction and project closeout.Learn more about this agency
At the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), we are proud to be ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Our employees are passionate about AOC’s mission to serve Congress and the Supreme Court. AOC is a legislative branch agency and the recognized authority on the preservation, maintenance and construction of the world’s most iconic treasures and buildings on Capitol Hill. As a global destination for thousands of visitors every day, Capitol Hill intersects history, architecture and art with the birthplace of our nation’s laws.
We seek a dynamic leader to establish and maintain critical liaison and communication with stakeholders. The Administrator will coordinate stakeholders’ requirements with the Architect of the Capitol’s Planning and Project Management Division to provide superior service at various stages of the infrastructure modernization project.
- Partners with the Architect of the Capitol’s Planning and Project Management Division, provides client representation on approximately $120M active phase of construction as part of the overall $750M Cannon Renewal Program. Assists the Contracting Officer and the Contracting Officer’s technical representative in the decision making process to deliver a quality construction project to meet the standards of the Architect of the Capitol.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all House clients as part of the Cannon Renewal and other major projects and coordinates with additional Congressional staff and other government officials.
- Reviews and evaluates project status for attainment of objectives. Plans programs and oversees the planning, design and construction schedule of the Cannon Renewal project in coordination with others to assure the project is completed according to specifications.
- Manages and approves plans that translate project objectives into completed functional phases. Advises on the effectiveness of funding and staffing estimates to assure sufficient resources are available to support project objectives.
- Reviews and approves operating plans, establishes overall project priorities, procedures and short and long-range goals. Reviews project criteria, construction progress and contract modifications and conceives and/or approves or processes the approval of major changes. Evaluates progress against milestones and objectives, analyzes information presented and directs actions required to maintain established schedules assuring the attainment of goals and objectives.
- Ensures contractor compliance with contract specifications. Provides oversight of modernization projects, including constructability issues, tenant coordination, quality and value engineering reviews.
- Coordinates planning, developing and direction of assigned major projects. Ensures renovations preserve historically significant building characteristics and include the sustainability of green building, energy and water conservation goals.
- Provides expert advisory services to and on behalf of the Superintendent on critical decisions and guidance dealing with issues, compromises and changes in project objectives. Exercises significant program management authority for implementing overall project guidance and policy formulation. Represents the Superintendent in conferences, panels and other key settings.
- Evaluates the overall budget and reviews estimates and funding requirements to assure availability of adequate resources consistent with project objectives. Assists with decision process to keep project on schedule and within budget. Reviews and negotiates contractor proposed schedules and work plans on behalf of the House community.
- Communicates project impacts to AOC and House Leadership. Leads briefings and presentations to key project stakeholders (House Leadership, Members, House Officers, etc.).
- Provides program direction to a staff involved in logistical support, engineering, environmental compliance, resource management, purchasing and contracting, safety and specialized road closures in coordination with local government.
- Performs administrative and technical supervisory functions for subordinates. Assigns duties and evaluates performance. Manages the organizational unit’s budget and workload. Develops performance requirements for subordinates and ensures a mutual understanding of the performance standards. Resolves complaints and grievances. Provides leadership to ensure support for equal employment opportunity (EEO) goals and requirements. Practices non-discriminatory and non-retaliatory employment actions and prevents unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, age or disability. Provides for employee skills enrichment through job related coaching, mentoring and training. Fosters a culture of learning, sharing, cooperation and teamwork that improves efficiency and effectiveness throughout the organization.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528031500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.