This position is located in the Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC)..Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-11/12, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4C/4B which is generally equal to GS-11/12.
- Contributes to planning, organizing, and completing analytical research involving issues related to the annual country selection process.
- Assists with the management of high quality data bases. Assists in the production of a range of documents and reports necessary for MCC's country selection process.
- Analyzes and manipulates third-party governance and policy data using a range of analytical tools.
- Assists with the implementation of the annual country selection process.
- Prepares background materials, analyses, and recommendations on candidate country policy performance for MCC's senior management and other stakeholders as part of the selection process.
- Monitors and evaluates quantitative indicators of policy performance to ensure they are the best available measures.
- Conducts outreach with government officials on policy reform and indicator performance issues, including consultation with all levels of MCC management, other federal agencies, development experts and institutions regarding measuring policy performance.
- Engages with potential candidate country officials interested in improving their country's performance on the indicator criteria.
- Monitors trends and best practices in development research and practice (especially governance data), and brings them to the attention of appropriate MCC staff. Supports counterpart country officials interested in improving their country's performance on the indicator criteria.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528030700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.