The selected candidate will serve as the Information and Industrial Security Program Manager and will play a leading role in developing policies and ensuring compliance in nationwide National Security Information and Industrial Security Programs for the Department of Commerce’s Office of Security (OSY).Learn more about this agency
The Band IV is equivalent to the Grades 13/14 on the GS pay scale. The salary of this position may exceed the cap of the GS 14 ($148,967) up to $158,039 through pay for performance increases only.
The selected candidate will play a leading role in developing policies and ensuring compliance in nationwide National Security Information and Industrial Security Programs for the Office of Security (OSY). The selected candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations of Classified National Security Information (NSI), Industrial Security, Communications Security (COMSEC), Operations Security (OPSEC), and will provide national program and policy oversight with specific responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Managing the National Security Information Program, providing definitive technical expertise on all matters related to Classified National Security Information. This includes conducting inspections and investigations related to the proper protection of NSI and sensitive but unclassified information; managing the Department-wide annual self-inspection program for proper handling and storage of classified information; overseeing the declassification of National Security Information and after-hours inspection programs; and implementing policies, procedures, and standards for the Department’s security programs that deal with the protection of Classified National Security Information.
- Managing the Communications Security Program to ensure safeguarding of classified material;
- Managing the Industrial Security Program, including managing all classified contracts under the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM);
- Managing the Operations Security Program, protecting government information by identifying, controlling, and protecting information;
- Collecting, analyzing, and presenting metrics and data to include those from the Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO);
- Advising senior-level officials on matters related to Classified National Security Information, Industrial Security, and Communications Security by providing guidance on regulations that impact Department organizations; and
- Directing the work of subordinate staff and performing supervisory responsibilities that include: assigning work, establishing performance criteria and standards, evaluating performance, providing technical and administrative advice and assistance as needed, resolving complaints and grievances, providing staff development plans, and taking disciplinary actions.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory Security Specialist, ZA-0080-4, FPL 4 positions within Office of the Secretary (OS) in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This position is also being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining vacancy number: OS/OSY-2019-0037. Applicants who wish to be considered under MAP and DE must apply to both vacancies separately.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527991000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.