This position is located with Office of the Secretary of Interior, Office of Public Affairs in Washington, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Public Affairs is in search of a Program Specialist to provide a variety of administrative support functions and multi-media support. If you have extensive administrative experience, thrive in a fast paced environment, and enjoy interacting with people of all levels of an organization this may be the position for you!
- Plans, directs and coordinates the administrative functions to include travel, time and attendance, preparation of forms, record keeping and filing, office procedures, annual inventories, personnel actions, and office correspondence.
- Maintains a calendar of daily activities and long range events, critical projects and programs, and participate in program planning of national public affairs projects.
- Manages the purchase card program, which includes researching guidelines, reviews and reconciles statements, makes credit card purchases, initiates and tracks requisitions using agency specific computer programs.
- Manages budget activities within the office. Maintains records and tracts expenditures and assists in the control and monitoring of costs.
- Coordinates dissemination of information and prepares materials for all forms of mass communication to include social media.
- Conducts analysis of news articles from an extensive database of news organizations from throughout the country for applicability to the Indian Affairs mission.
- Serves as Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for the office performing duties related to the requisition and administration of contracts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position no more than 1-5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527948900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.