This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical expertise and subject-matter expert guidance in the areas of cybersecurity and IT by supporting the continued development and sustainment of the documented JS Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.Learn more about this agency
As a IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC/SYSANALYSIS) at the GS-2210-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Create the assessment and continuous monitoring of JS information systems (IS) in support of the JS Authorization Official, in accordance with Department of Defense (DOD), National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) and JS requirements.
- Ensure the proper evaluation and implementation of security controls and countermeasures; address residual risk, remediation actions, and risk acceptance for non-compliant security controls; independently review and approves the security assessment report, and provides a written recommendation to the JS Authorizing Official for authorization decisions.
- Oversee the management of the Joint instances of DISA's Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), provide guidance to the JS instance system administrators and the Combatant Command local system administrators as necessary.
- Represent the Joint instances at eMASS-related change configuration boards, meetings, and working groups.
- Collaborate with the JS cybersecurity community of interest, including but not limited to JS information system owners and staff, providing cybersecurity guidance, information and advice.
- Coordinate, organize and chair Group meetings or ad hoc teams to perform specific tasks or develop specific products (i.e., information papers) needed by the JS or a specific group/team.
- Review and update statements of work to ensure JS requirements are accurately reflected and carried out.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527918700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.