The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) manages the exploration and development of the nation's offshore resources. It seeks to appropriately balance economic development, energy independence, and environmental protection through oil and gas leases, renewable energy development and environmental reviews and studies. For information about our bureau go to: http://www.boem.gov/Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the Regional Supervisor, Office of Leasing and Plans, and is one of three principal program managers who advise and assist the Regional Director, Alaska OCS Region (AKOCSR), Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM). The incumbent provides management, policy guidance, direction, and program oversight for all aspects of the BOEM Leasing and Plans Office in the AKOCSR.
The major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the preparation of all documentation needed for the sale process, including call for information, area identification, proposed and final sale notices and related decision documents, and coastal zone consistency determinations.
- Oversees the technical review and approval of lease plans, exploration plans, and development/production plans, including the preparation of geological and geophysical reports and other assessment of proposed lessee operational activities.
- Oversees the evaluation of hazards and constraints to the proposed operations as well as possible effects of the operations on the marine and costal environment; incorporates mitigating measures to lessen risks of effects.
- Conducts Government-to-Government consultations with federally recognized tribes, and public hearings and meetings with communities.
- Provides expertise on issues for the Renewable Energy and Alternative Use Program.
- Oversees qualification of companies, corporations, and their officials to hold interest in and to sign all documents relating to OCS leases, and processes all official record title actions (including assignments, relinquishments, and terminations).Oversees the determination of lessee supplemental bonding requirements and resolution of lessee financial responsibility issues.
- Directs the adjudication of other legal documents related to OCS leases including processing Fisherman's Contingency Fund claims and the development of lease history information.
- Acts for the Regional Director, when designated, in the absence of the Regional Director.
Security Clearance Required: You will be required to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance Level Background Investigation if you are selected and hired for this position.
BSEE has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
This vacancy is also announced as BOEM-MMJJ-19-BW-086(DEU) for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Competitive Examining procedures.
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month maybe required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527917900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.