The primary purpose of this position is to perform technical duties in timber stand improvement, reforestation, and tree improvement.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at Forest Service website.
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Prepare project work plans for silvicultural examinations, timber stand improvement, and reforestation activities.
- Determine pre-commercial thinning, plantation conditions, and health status of forest plots.
- Perform reconnaissance and locate timber sale area boundaries in accordance with appropriate (NEPA) National Environmental Policy Act documentation.
- Prepare maps and cruise designs regarding layout of timber sales.
- Mark, grade, and cruise timber in areas involving only a few silvicultural practices, but with some variation in forest types and composition.
- Prepare technical specifications for timber stand improvement, site preparation, tree planting, or silvicultural contracts.
- Serve as (COR) Contracting Officer Representative or inspector on reforestation, timber stand improvement, planting or timber marking contracts.
- Check for compliance on corrective actions identified during inspections and recommend final acceptance of contracts upon completion.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527910400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.