The primary purpose of this position is to perform presale duties including timber cruising, and timber marking.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website.
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Follow instructions issued in a timber cruise plan.
- Conduct sample measurements of forest stands to estimate the amount of standing timber.
- Use standard forest measurement tools such as diameter tape, tree calipers, clinometer, angle gauge, prism, compass, and increment borer.
- Determine area of timber resources by traversing harvest unit boundaries and road locations.
- Assess quality and determine defects in timber.
- Complete assigned resource management support tasks within established deadlines.
- Prepare, process, and interpret reports of timber cruise data using a computerized system.
- Apply silvicultural prescriptions and marking guides to designate harvest timber.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527907800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.