About the Position: Ice Harbor Project is a multi-purpose hydropower project, with missions that include operation and maintenance of the facility for flood control, hydroelectric power generation with six main generating units, navigation locks, fish facility with two fish ladders, recreation and natural resources management.Learn more about this agency
- Interprets and applies current environmental protection laws, regulations, and policies to operation and maintenance activities.
- Performs studies to evaluate compliance with environmental protection requirements.
- Develops and adapts innovative programs and procedures to ensure efficient and effective compliance with the environmental requirements.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge concerning current safety and occupational health laws, regulations, policies.
- Coordinates with representatives of other government agencies and private firms in developing and maintaining plans and procedures to comply with environmental and safety and occupational health requirements.
- Monitors and maintains records of compliance activities and personnel training.
- Serves as training coordinator and instructor for a wide variety of complex training topics.
- Performs studies, testing, inspections, planning, budget formulation, record keeping for compliance with safety, occupational health, and environmental protection laws and regulations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527854000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.