Learn more about this agency
Incumbent works in the areas of organizational development and cultural transformation, change management, leadership development, employee development, satisfaction and retention, report and statistical interpretation, communications strategy and planning, instructional systems design and implementation, program evaluation, and training and development.
The Organizational Development Psychologist provides direct support and consultation to VA Leaders to assist in developing behaviors and actions that can help enhance their overall functioning, performance and/or effectiveness of the workgroup they directly supervise. The incumbent performs the following duties which is not an inclusive list:
- Serves as the authoritative source and principal advisor in organizational development psychology.
- Partners with executive management to accelerate strategy implementation and change management to build leadership talent and fuel future growth, enhance organizational performance, and serve as an assistant in accelerating learning across the VA.
- Provides consultation and coaching to leadership on a time-limited basis providing a written summary of the work completed and facilitates action focused discussions with other senior leaders who provide direct support.
- Supports organizational improvement activities within VISN 5.
- Assists in the development, implementation, training, maintenance, and process improvement process as it pertains to VISN 5.
- Administers and analyzes measures of organizational performance on VISN and facility work group level; engages in analysis, interpretation, use and consultation on system wide employee engagement and satisfaction surveys to enhance employee satisfaction, retention and clinical care throughout the VISN.
- Provides and directs assessment services to VISN facilities including executive team and team assessments, 360-degree assessment and the implementation of individual development plans, change management assessments, and various individual assessments as part of an executive coaching relationships.
- Administers and interprets assessment tools for employee development, measuring the impact of various variables on performance and competency.
- Maintains, selects, trains and disseminates a library of tools for use by VISN 5 facilities and leadership to enhance organizational change, and provide leadership and employee development.
- Delivers highly skilled professional services and serves as resource to executive leadership, other psychologists and VISN 5 staff.
- Provides training and supervision to graduate-level psychology students, predoctoral interns, and/or trainees from associated health professions.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527826800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.