About the Position: The position is for a Security Specialist with Arlington National Cemetery, located in Arlington, VA. Since May of 1864, Arlington National Cemetery has served as the nation's premier military cemetery and shrine honoring those men and women who served in the Armed Forces.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Protection Program Division Chief with responsibility for planning, developing, and executing the functional elements of the Army Protection Program for current and future cemetery operations.
- Manages ANC's anti-terrorism, physical security, information security, force protection, operations security, emergency management, and personnel security programs.
- Act as the Chairman of the Protection Working Group responsible for providing leadership with updates from the Protection Program Division staff about how they are enhancing the cemetery?s overall security.
- Conducts studies, analyses, and projects to develop methods, techniques, and procedures for development and implementation for the Protection Program at ANC.
- Maintain liaison with Office of Personnel Management (OPM), DoD Central Adjudication Facility, and Major Commands (MACOMs) to resolve personnel security matters.
- Conduct physical security surveys/inspections and recommends upgrading or additional security systems (i.e. locks, security containers, and ID systems) to safeguard facilities and documents.
- Conduct oversight of the cemetery emergency action plan development, coordination, and implementation to respond to a variety of serious incidents that can occur on the cemetery grounds.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527809000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.