This position is located in the Office of Field Operations (West), Denver Field Division, Denver IV Crime Gun Intelligence Center (CGIC) in Denver, CO.
Performs work in the collection, analysis, evaluation, interpretation, and dissemination of information on conditions, trends and forces in foreign and domestic areas of responsibility and that directly or indirectly affect the national security.Learn more about this agency
- Under the guidance of senior Intelligence Research Specialist or Special Agent, clarifies the nature of investigative intelligence indicators, provides investigative leads, requests data to substantiate or verify information, suggests possible new avenue of investigation, and researches information for use in responding to collateral requests.
- Performing complex analyses of raw primary and secondary data queried from various sources, i.e., internal and external automated data base systems, intelligence reports and case files.
- Providing detailed analytical reports of the activities of crime groups.
- Conducting validation of sources and evaluates information derived from cooperating witnesses, assets, and informants, and preparing production reviews of asset/informant/cooperating witness validation efforts.
- Accessing local and national intelligence information databases to respond to and validate requests for information.
- Developing and maintaining computerized intelligence databases to generate statistical and relational reports.
- Makes recommendations for modifications and improvements to existing systems and establishes new collection techniques for unique investigations.
- Performing liaison and coordination functions with counterparts and personnel throughout the intelligence communities.
- Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progresses.
Occasional travel - Travel includes providing on-site support during missions in the field or with other counterpart agencies during significant events. The duration of the travel may be approximately 30-days or more.
13 - 13 - Employee must meet ATF's performance standards and demonstrate the potential to perform at the GS-13 level to be promoted. The successful candidate will be provided with additional information regarding advancement once hired.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527750900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.