The incumbent is responsible for initiating, adjudicating, and processing employees and contractor background investigations in accordance with prescribed executive orders and directives within the DOJ. The incumbent will work with security specialists from the DOJ and other Federal agencies.Learn more about this agency
- Process and adjudicate background investigations and reinvestigations for DOJ employee, volunteer, and contractor positions.
- Analyze and resolve personnel security problems for situations involving conflicting or insufficient data, evidence, or testimony.
- Ensure the correct type of investigation is requested based on the position's sensitivity/risk level.
- Review employee, contractor, and volunteer waivers of the pre-appointment background investigation; identify issues requiring resolution.
- Review requests for and grant security clearances within delegated authority and make recommendations for security clearance suspensions, denials, and revocations.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate law enforcement organizations and government agencies related to personnel security issues and programs.
- Provide guidance to address problems and concerns related to personnel security.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527682600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.