The Minneapolis VA health Care System (VAHCS) has an opening for a Staff Physician in our Emergency Department, Primary Care Service Line. The Emergency Department is open 24 hours and receives ambulances bringing veterans with acute medical conditions for evaluation and treatment. The ED has on site access to adult medical and surgical specialties and advanced imaging techniques. The ED staff include excellent nursing and support staff with integrated mental health providers.Learn more about this agency
The Minneapolis VA Health Care System in Minneapolis, Minnesota is seeking an ABEM eligible/certified Emergency Medicine physician to complete the following duties:
1. Evaluation, stabilization and movement to definitive care of acute medical, surgical, and trauma conditions that present to the ED.
2. Assess and initiate treatment of ongoing or chronic conditions that present to the ED while facilitating delivery of the patient to the appropriate level of follow up care.
3. Provide patient first focused care while practicing evidence based cost effective medicine.
4. Ensure practice consistent with Joint Commission, CARF, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice emergency medicine guidelines, VISN standards, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, mandatory continuing education, and HIPPA policies
5. Education of any students of medicine and residents within the teaching facility.
6. Participation in facility and university conferences, committees, administrative duties, and research to ensure continuous quality improvement in patient care and medical advances
Education Debt Reduction Program(EDRP) may be authorized. This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program(EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527633900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.