The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST DO? As a Senior Human Resources Specialist, you will provide expert advice and consulting service to managers and executives throughout IRS on all technical facets of the recruitment and staffing program. You will also provide a broad range of advice/guidance in other specialty program areas, including employee benefits, position management/classification, personnel processing, and workers’ compensation in developing recommendations/courses of action to address and/or resolve recruitment and placement issues.
As a Senior Human Recourses Specialist you will:
- Serve as an expert Human Resources Specialist and provide expert and authoritative staff consultative services to managers and program specialists on the full range of recruitment and placement program issues.
- Conduct in-depth research and investigations of major and highly complex recruitment or placement issues to develop recommended improvements in policy, regulations, and/or procedures.
- Consider the full range of interrelationships of other specialty program areas, including employee benefits, position management/classification, personnel processing, and workers’ compensation, in developing recommendations/courses of action to address and/or resolve the most difficult recruitment and placement issues.
- Performs work in support of Service-wide human resources program technical and policy initiatives/assignments.
- Prepares position papers including detailed recommendations for management and program officials on proposed changes in program policies and organizational goals.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527630300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.