The John D Dingell VAMC, is recruiting for registered nurses for the Community Living Center (CLC) part-time, float pool. As registered nurse in the Community Living Center (long term care) you will practice the HATCh model. The (HATCh) puts the needs, interests and choices of resident's patients and clients at the center of care. The Community Living Center unit specializes in treating geriatric veterans with long term, skilled nursing and/or specialty needs.Learn more about this agency
- Demonstrate technical and operational knowledge and is able to apply these skills in the clinical setting
- Operates specialized therapeutic and life support equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to provide preventive, rehabilitative, and restorative to the residents which resides in the Community Living Center
- Provide supportive measures and care to residents who are either Hospice or Palliative Care
- Accountable and assigned as a primary nurse for a defined group of patients, provides patient teaching as appropriate
- Assumes rotating charge nurse responsibilities and monitors activities occurring within the unit when acting in the charge nurse capacity
- Collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary team, ancillary services residents and family when planning and implementing the patient's plan of care
- Analyzes and upgrades patient care through quality improvement activities
- Maintain BLS and/or ACLS
- Based on education and experience, may be assigned responsibilities of preceptor
Work Schedule: 7am-7pm, 7pm-7am, 7am-330pm, 3pm-1130pm, 11pm-730am with rotating days, weekends, and holidays (Part time 40 hours per pay period)
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program.
This is an Open Continuous Announcement. Resumes/Questionnaires received in USA Staffing in response to this announcement will be maintained in the USA Staffing job file. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire/documents submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to Service.**The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on Friday, March 29, 2019**. Subsequent referrals of qualified applicants will be referred on the 10th of each month (Cutoff dates) or as need it. The vacancy announcement will remain open until closed, canceled or filled.**
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527617900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.