The Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service (DCPAS) mission is to be the enterprise leader in the development and delivery of civilian personnel policies and HR solutions that strengthen mission readiness. DCPAS is responsible for developing and delivering civilian personnel policies and human resources solutions to strengthen the Department of Defense (DoD) civilian workforce's mission readiness and enhance all aspects of the total civilian lifecycle.Learn more about this agency
As a DEPUTY PROGRAM MANAGER at the GS-0340-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Assisting the Program Manager in the design, development, execution, and the day-to-day operations of the Defense Civilian Emerging Leader Program (DCELP), working directly and frequently with Senior Executives.
- Making presentations to senior leadership; overseeing events such as registration, orientation, seminars, and graduation ceremonies and representing the program, DCPAS, and DoD at meetings, symposiums, and conferences.
- Maintaining cooperative working relationships with senior Defense officials, leaders of DoD and external academic institutions, Component staff, Congressional staff, and other professional associates.
- Working to ensure that DCELP is and remains responsive to DoD human capital strategic plans, succession management initiatives, civilian leader development policy, and other planning guidance.
- Working to ensure the successful integration of leader development and technical competence with functional communities and Components.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527607300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.