This position is in the Directorate for Education and Human Resources (EHR), Human Resource Development (HRD) division. EHR mission is to achieve excellence in U. S. science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education at all levels and all settings to support the development of a diverse and well-prepared workforce of scientist, technicians, engineers, mathematicians and educators, and a well-informed citizenry that have access to the ideas and tools of science and engineering.Learn more about this agency
As a Management Operations Assistant you will function as a personal assistant to the Division Director (DD), Deputy Division Director (DDD), and Program Support Manager (PSM). As such you will:
- Screen telephone calls and visitors, personally handling matters of a non-technical or general nature and maintain the Division/Deputy Director's calendar, cancelling and rescheduling appointments when necessary.
- Respond to requests for information on a wide variety of topics from within NSF, other Federal agencies and members of the general public.
- Be the focal point for and provide logistical support to, interagency working groups, external panels, committees and consultants including COVs.
- Develop and monitor a tracking and reporting systems for a wide variety of items requiring action, approval and/or oversight by the Division Director, Deputy Division Director, and Program Support Manager.
- Develop standard office procedures covering the preparation of documents, filing of records, and handling of correspondence.
- Administer the publication clearance process.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Prepare proposal jackets for a variety of actions: award, declination, withdrawal, inappropriate for NSF, automated incremental actions, supplements, and no-cost extensions.
- Review funding and maintain financial records of program commitments on automated databases for assigned program areas.
- Prepare staff, invitational, and guest travel documents.
- Calendar maintenance
- Prioritization and Time Management
- Travel Planning
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527601100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.