In this position, you will serve as the Supervisory IT Specialist (Customer Support) with Information Services, Service Operations Delivery Division, Network Services Branch (IOO) located in College Park, MD.Learn more about this agency
Who May Apply: Applications will be accepted from current and former competitive service Federal employees, and people eligible under special hiring authorities such as the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), Disabilities Program, etc.
- Manages the operations and maintenance of a variety of IT systems projects which include hardware, software and network infrastructure. Plans, coordinates and facilitates work activities necessary to transition IT systems into production to include analyses and performance of the work necessary to plan, document, test, implement, integrate, and maintain systems, in most cases with contractor support.
- Oversees the infrastructure configuration and change management processes works with customers and contractor staff to ensure appropriate change management processes are followed.
- Plans and coordinates team efforts and provides recommendations based on his or her technical expertise. These systems may be implemented as public access, NARA-wide, or office-specific systems. Provides contractual oversight for IT support and services and directs contract staff in the completion of assigned activities.
- Assists with projects and other technical experts in the areas of: systems maintenance and operation, hardware and software support; computer operating systems; systems analysis methods; telecommunications; information security; data architecture, and network engineering.
- Prepares guidance regarding system planning, techniques and processes, which would be most appropriate to NARA projects. Provides guidance and technical support to product owners, users, functional specialist, and other information technology (IT) specialist on IT support requirements, testing, and implementation of network systems.
- Serves as COR (Contracting Officers Representative) in the administration and management of IT support contracts.
- Reviews technology solutions and recommends changes in existing systems and/or identifies new directions and emphasis that are necessary to solve NARA's needs and priorities.
- Supervisory Duties: Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepare schedules for completion of work; Assign work to subordinates based on priorities; Evaluate work performance of subordinates; Interview candidates for positions in the unit; recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions; Hear and resolve complaints from employees, Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommending other action in more serious cases; Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
Occasional travel - Approximately 10%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527578500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.