The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemoLearn more about this agency
This position is being filled under an Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA).
As a Budget Analyst some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Experience providing authoritative advice on all aspects of PPBE policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Experience formulating, justifying, and executing the agency budget for multiple appropriations.
- Experience working across executive staffs, commands, agencies, and the Services on mission and goals, auditable objectives, strategies, and plans.
- Experience briefing and working with Senior Executives.
- Gathers and maintains necessary documentation to support funding documents and creates, and obligates funding documents in accordance with spend plans.
- Builds and maintains a tracking log of all funding documents in order to monitor funding processed, committed, obligated, and expended by performer, organization, and priority.
- Generates financial reports and assesses execution status, trends, causes, and resolutions.
- Generates and maintains spend plans and amounts to accomplish program work scope within established guidelines.
- Research laws, polices, regulations and reference material analyzes information, selects appropriate approach and recommends corrective action for directorate efficiencies.
- Work with program offices and other stakeholders to ensure compliant execution of Agency funding.
- Apply data analysis techniques to identify efficiencies and improvements in agency financial operations.
- Leverage knowledge of financial databases and related acquisition, property, and other business systems to improve operations, reporting, and traceability of business transactions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527523500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.