This position is located in the Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) Service and includes supervision of medical center therapy clinics, Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) and Community living centers clinics including Physical Therapy (PT), and Kinesiotherapy (KT), All therapy clinics are comprised of 19 FTE within the sections of Physical Therapy, and Kinesiotherapy.Learn more about this agency
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides assessment and treatment intervention on an independent basis across the continuum of care on a limited basis, spending significant time in supervision, administrative management, and direction of the medical center therapy programs.
- Supervises key clinical and training programs, including the technical oversight of all Therapists s/he administratively supervises.
- Applies clinically appropriate assessment techniques and treatment interventions to address human pathophysiology and dysfunction.
- Interprets clinician prescriptions and referrals.
- Screens new referrals to Physical Therapy and assigns patients to individual staff members commensurate with their skills and abilities.
- Identifies problems that interfere with the delivery of therapy to beneficiaries, taking whatever measures necessary to insure that the patient care mission of the care line and medical center is accomplished.
- Provides oversight and administrative support to the Department's Clinical Education Coordinator in the establishment and maintenance of clinical training agreements with affiliated university programs.
- Assists with developing position descriptions, functional statements and performance plans that communicate clear expectations to sections staff and insure fully successful performance by all staff members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527475000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.