This position is part of the Defense Media Activity, Defense Media Activity. The incumbent serves as the Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist (Chief Pentagon Liaison) of the DMA Pentagon Regional Support Center representing the Director, DMA at senior meetings, Secretary of Defense briefings, and other senior level events.Learn more about this agency
As a SUPERVISORY PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST at the GS-1035-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Provide daily coordination with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) level staff to plan, develop, coordinate, implement, integrate, and evaluate DoD-wide internal media campaigns and products that directly communicate and support the policies, programs, and activities of the OSD and DoD Internal Information program.
- Supervise the development of DoD level information strategies to communicate policies and programs.
- Identify DoD news and information sources and coordinate the sharing of information and information resources.
- Provide comprehensive assessments of DMA news and internal information products and materials in terms of their effectiveness in meeting objectives.
- Analyze, advise, brief, and defend recommendations to senior DoD leadership on matters pertaining to internal communications.
- Formulate DMA-wide policy and procedures governing the planning and implementation of news and informational services to communicate DoD policies, programs, standards, and values to U.S. military personnel, their families, and DoD civilians.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527466800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.