The Registered Nurse (Clinical Nurse Educator) will perform clinical duties as directed by the Associate Director for Patient Care Services through the Deputy Associate Director for Patient Care Services/Acute Care, Deputy Associate Director for Patient Care Services/ Long Term Care, designated Associate Chief of Nursing Service and Nurse Manager (or designee).Learn more about this agency
The Registered Nurse (Clinical Nurse Educator) develops and implements educational programs to improve Veteran care at the G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical. The responsibilities of the Nurse Educator includes providing assistance with coordinating the Redi Program, and is inclusive of the following duties:
- Adheres to established policies, standards of care and standards of practice
- Utilizes advanced clinical knowledge/judgment to promote staff involvement in the educational process
- Functions as an expert in clinical practice and/or areas related to organizational processes.
- Guide and support staff for educational purposes from a leadership perspective.
- Demonstrates leadership by involving others in improving care.
- Coordinates, develops, and provides nursing specific education for staff
- Works collaboratively with leadership in the medical center to develop and implement education programs for career advancement.
- Identifies and assesses resource utilization and safety issues, taking appropriate action.
- Acquires knowledge and skills to maintain expertise in area of practice.
- Serves as a facilitator in classroom teaching environments, clinical areas and nursing related computer applications.
- Uses a body of research to validate and/or change work group practice.
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse/000000
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527407000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.