As an Attorney-Adviser (General), you will serve as Regional Counsel and principal legal officer in the regional office.Learn more about this agency
Location of position: General Services Administration, Office of General Counsel, 819 Taylor Street, Fort Worth, TX or 100 Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA
The Office of General Counsel carries out all of GSA's legal activities with the exception of counsel to the Office of Inspector General and the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals.
The Regional Counsel implements the responsibilities of the General Counsel within the respective region and provides legal and policy assistance directly to the Regional Administrator, the Regional Commissioner for the Public Buildings Service and the Regional Commissioner for Federal Acquisition Service and other regional senior management officials in formulating, promulgating, and executing regional programs and operations. The Regional Counsel serves as a member of the Regional Senior Leadership Team. The Regional Counsel reports to the Deputy General Counsel.
Further, the Regional Counsel:
- Administers a wide variety of legal services, including provision of legal counsel; drafting legislation proposed by the Region; furnishing legal advice required in connection with reports on legislation proposed by other Federal agencies that affect the Region; performance as external liaison on legal matters with other Federal agencies; final settlement of contract appeal cases; participating in development of regional policy.
- Reviews proposed decisions on claims or requested adjustments arising from various contracts administered by the region.
- Represents and speaks for the Region on legal matters, questions and problems in contacts with and negotiations with other Federal agencies, state and local governments and private parties.
- Directs or supervises legal functions and duties in cases resulting in litigation before administrative forums and courts, including the review and submission of documentary evidence to the United States Attorney, the interview of and taking of depositions from witnesses, preparations of briefs, petitions, complaints, motions and answers and attendance and participation in the trial of cases and arguments on appeal.
- Collaborates with attorneys of other agencies with mutual interests in legal proceedings.
- Provides advice to operating officials in resolving legal problems likely to give rise to claims or litigation.
- Provides overall guidance and direction to all components of the Office of Regional Counsel.
- Plans, coordinates and directs the activities of the Office of Regional Counsel. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates.
- Determines priorities and assigns work to subordinates based upon priorities and capabilities of subordinates; evaluates performance of subordinates; provides advice and guidance to subordinates on work and administrative matters.
- Provides recommendations to, and consults with, the General Counsel who selects attorneys for vacant positions within the office, and prepares personnel actions to promote subordinates.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527370700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.