Position(s) will be filled under the Department of Defense Direct Hire Authority for Post-Secondary Students according to Public Law (P.L.) 114-225, Section 1106. Post-secondary students will initially be appointed to a term appointment in the competitive service for a period expected to last more than 1 year, not to exceed 4 years. They may be non-competitively converted to a career or career-conditional appointment within 120 days of successfully completing the qualifying academic program.Learn more about this agency
- Assignments at this level are designed to orient, train, and increase the incumbent's knowledge in the engineering sciences.
- Perform a variety of assignments selected to broaden skills and provide practical experience to prepare for progressively more complex assignments.
- Serve as a team member engaged in the planning, study, design, construction, and/or operation of civil works projects.
- Prepare engineering calculations for civil works projects including navigation, flood risk management, and ecosystem restoration projects.
- Review engineering, operation, and environmental documents prepared by others (reports, drawings, specifications) for accuracy.
- Prepare routine correspondence.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527334500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.