Come be a part of the innovate highly skilled Next Gen team within Federal Student Aid!
The Next Gen Initiative is transforming Federal Student to provide a world-class student aid customer experience using industry best-in-class financial services technologies to provide better outcomes for students and greater value to taxpayers. We are deploying a mobile- first mobile- complete digital customer service experienced.
Learn more about this agency
At Federal Student Aid (FSA), we are proud sponsors of the American mind. As a principal office of the U.S. Department of Education (ED), FSA provides students and families financial assistance for higher education, and we promote the value of postsecondary education to society. We ensure that all eligible students and families can benefit from federal financial aid for education or training beyond high school.
This position is located in the Finance Business Unit, Budget Formulation and Execution Division in Washington, DC . The Budget and Formulation Division is responsible for formulating and submitting FSA’s multiple-year administrative budget consistent with guidelines from the Department and FSA Leadership, strategic goals and objectives and develops budget recommendations and alternatives for consideration to FSA’s CFO, Department of Education and Office of Management and Budget (OMB). The team develops budget guidelines and standards including coordinating, packing, and submission of FSA administrative budget as part of the annual budget cycle.
We encourage you to read this entire vacancy announcement prior to submitting your application.
As a Budget Analyst GS-0560-12 you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing assigned FSA investments requests; working collaboratively with the investment Management Group and business units to support short and long term investment planning efforts by timely completion of investment reviews and analyses to determine that the funding identified by the business unit is justifiable, adequate and does not commit funding beyond the budget levels.
- Reviewing assigned Baseline Change Requests; evaluating the need for change and analyzing the impact on the budget.
- Serving as secondary editor and reviewing assigned budget justification narratives and tables for budget submission which supports the agency's priorities and decisions.
- Ensuring accuracy of assigned financial submissions including budget requests, operating budget plans, variance analyses, and budget trends.
- Ensuring that standard are implemented for budget formulation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527332700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.