WHAT IS THE OFFICE OF PROCUREMENT DIVISION? The Office of Procurement provides acquisition services for all Business Units of the IRS and other Bureaus and Offices within Treasury. Our goal as business advisers and partners is to help create agile, innovative contract solutions to ensure the IRS can meet its mission of effective tax administration.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE PROCUREMENT ANALYST (INDUSTRY LIAISON) POSITION? The Procurement Analyst is to serve as Industry Liaison in the Office of Procurement Policy within the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer. In this capacity, the Industry Liaison is responsible for providing authoritative guidance and advisory services on all industry-related matters affecting IRS procurement activities. The Industry Liaison is an expert in the field of acquisition and serves as a principal advisor to management on matters relating to industry engagement and outreach activities, including related procurement policy and guidance. Our goal as business advisers and partners, is to help create agile and innovative contracting solutions to ensure the IRS can meet its mission of effective tax administration.
As a Procurement Analyst (Industry Liaison) you will:
- Serve as an expert Industry Liaison to the Office of Procurement in the field of acquisition and procurement. Provide leadership and direction for Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offices and outside stakeholder officials to plan, develop, evaluate and execute all aspects of the IRS Procurement industry engagement programs
- Serve as an expert advisor to senior management on industry and procurement-specific matters, which have significant impact on the effectiveness and timeliness of the IRS Procurement mission
- Integrate new developments and best practices into ongoing programs and new initiatives
- Recommend the use of innovative outreach and engagement practices and methods, where appropriate, to improve IRS industry relations and customer engagement.
- Advise on the program plans and priorities that are fundamentally significant in establishing, meeting, and evaluating IRS mission objectives and overall program goals. Support and coordinate on regulation, policy, guidance, and training relating to industry-centric areas across IRS Procurement and program offices.
- Develop, conduct, and coordinate high priority planning and in-depth analysis of major project assignments to gather and evaluate information, set specific goals, assess problem areas, and prepare recommendations to top level management for resolution.
- As a Liaison, seek resolution to all industry related matters before elevating them for relevant action. Meet with Procurement Office Directors and Program offices to jointly work on industry related matters and to resolve issues with prospective or incumbent IRS contractors.
- Develop and monitor significant metrics related to the Industry Liaison program and routinely brief senior management on outcomes and trends.
- Promote initiatives to improve overall quality of industry/government communications. Establish and lead IRS industry engagement programs and facilitate IRS participation in outside industry engagement events.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527313900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.