This position is located within the Office of Security, Continuity, and Emergency Preparedness (SCEP) of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC). The incumbent will serve as a security specialist tasked with supporting various security disciplines including industrial, information, personnel, physical, and communications security.Learn more about this agency
- Perform a full range of moderately difficult functional security duties and assignments in supporting the following security specialties: information, personnel, and physical security.
- Apply contemporary security program philosophy, techniques, and regulatory requirements to resolve routine security policy and procedural problems.
- Interpret/adapt guidelines, Executive Orders, directives, regulations, and work directions for application to specific security requirements and problems as they apply to the agency.
- Independently review, analyze and recommend positive courses of actions to unique organizational mission security problems not resolvable by application of standard regulatory requirements.
- Review, evaluate, and adjudicate reports of investigations, personnel files, and other records to determine whether to grant, deny, revoke, suspend, or restrict security clearances consistent with national security and/or suitability issues.
- Advise management on matters about reinvestigation requirements, personnel assurance programs (i.e., ongoing checks on employee reliability), and related matters concerning the maintenance of current clearances.
- Classified Information: Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of security policies/procedures to ensure proper safeguarding of classified material in accordance with federal and OPIC policies.
- Physical Security: Ensure the protection of sensitive/classified information, personnel, facilities, installations, or other sensitive materials, resources, or processes against criminal, terrorist, or hostile intelligence activities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527274100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.