This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.Learn more about this agency
As a RESEARCH SUPPORT SPECIALIST at the GS-0301-9 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as the Research Support Specialist Department administrator of the Defense Travel System (DTS) and the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) civilian time and time and attendance system.
- Independently develops procedures and practices in assigned administrative areas by researching prior publications, and regulations, and recommending changes.
- Prepares a variety of reports documenting findings and recommendations.
- Interprets instructions and similar material and determines the extent to which Research Development Chemical Biological (RDCB) policy and operations are affected, develops courses of action, and advises operating officials.
- Provides administrative support as required to senior departmental staff in preparation of products related to workforce development, training, manpower, awards and recognition, recruitment actions, and strategic workforce planning.
- Makes travel arrangements for supervisor and office staff, as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of travel orders and itineraries, makes reservations for transportation, accommodations and rental vehicles, and arranges for required security access.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of administrative and mission files, and assists the supervisor and office staff in maintaining files, as requested.
- Serves as Research Support Specialist Government Purchase Cardholder and manages the related record keeping and reconciling functions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527272700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.