About the Position: The applicant will be a part of healthcare team providing exam services to organization beneficiaries with a primary focus of aviation medicine. The typical patient demographic is Active Duty and Reserve Members, with some exceptions varying in age from 18-64. The environment is a typical outpatient clinic setting within a larger community hospital. Applicants will have the opportunity to directly interact with a high volume of patients.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- Provide fitness for duty examinations for active duty military members in order for them to be approved for operation of flight and flying status.
- Research and utilize evidence based guidelines and other resources in order to determine flight regulations and requirements to include the safe medication list.
- Direct, plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate activities, relevant to the delivery of ambulatory nursing care, within the Medical Home Port clinic.
- Provide a variety of consultative services, to include practitioner referral and evaluation, health care advice, and initiation of medical referral, based on medical staff protocols.
- Initiate continuous process improvements to improve access to quality of care delivered, experience of care, and the utilization of health services by enrollees.
- Identify clinical, administrative, and staffing problems and independently utilizes problem-solving techniques to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
- Plan and implement performance improvement activities, based on the process improvement plan for the medical treatment facility (MTF).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527266900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.