This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The incumbent serves as a senior auditor responsible for developing, coordinating, and promulgating auditing, business controls and accounting policies and procedures for the Joint Staff Comptroller in the Business Controls Branch.Learn more about this agency
As a SUPERVISORY AUDITOR at the GS-0511-15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serve as Branch chief for various financial management specialists to include accounting, management internal controls program, timekeeping and operational research analyst.
- Serve as the Joint Staff focal point for overseeing accounting, financial, and managerial issues that require examination by auditing professionals.
- Provide analysis and recommendations over the broad spectrum of financial and operational management issues.
- Serve as the senior internal review auditor and is a technical staff advisor in the audit, evaluation and development of solutions to Joint Staff accounting and operational systems problems.
- Develop and issues procedures governing actions related to audits by audit organizations external to the Command; and provides appropriate guidance and assistance.
- Conduct periodic audits of the Comptroller Accounting Budget System (CABS) to ensure it is operating properly and meets the United States Standard General Leger (USSGL) criteria, Standard Financial Information Structure (SFIS), and Financial Systems Integration Office(FSIO) core system requirements.
- Develop training designed to educate JS workforce on proper auditing and accounting and reporting policies and procedures in order for staff to carry out systems and process improvement efforts, and pass audit scrutiny.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527256800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.