Required international travel may be as low as 15% of the time, but travel in country during the second phase may be as high as 50% of the time.Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL in pay, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band MC-2D which is generally equal to SES/SL pay only.
Applicants who applied under announcement, Country Director (Indonesia),MCC-10380192-19-18-DCO, need not re-apply and will be considered for this position.
- Provides ongoing guidance, advice, technical feedback, and support on compact development and implementation issues to the compact country.
- Manages MCC's day-to-day operational relations with compact countries, including providing guidance to the government officials and non-government stakeholders on MCC's investment criteria and standards, and agency processes and procedures.
- Provides advice and guidance on complex operational issues affiliated with the development and implementation of long-term international assistance programs for developing countries. Provides oversight to all Compact development and implementation activities, including capacity building, construction, policy reform and other project implementation activities.
- Leads multidisciplinary country team(s) to design and plan economic growth projects; and leads management of the MCC Resident Country Mission, including supervising a Deputy Country Director (DCD).
- Manages, supervises, and reports on MCC's in-country presence, including procurement, staffing, budgeting, financial, and asset management needs.
- Manages the annual administrative budget allocated to compact development and implementation, including travel.
- Advises and supports MCA on tracking, analyzing and developing budget and procurement processes, and creating systems, processes, and reports that facilitate ongoing monitoring and assessment of progress on Compact implementation.
- Provides guidance to government officials and other stakeholders on MCC's investment criteria, processes and procedures to ensure the development and effective implementation of economically viable investments to reduce poverty through economic growth.
- Represents the agency to governments, the private sector, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), academia, and civil society.
- Exercises supervision over subordinate staff. Ensures a continuing affirmative application of MCC policies concerning equal opportunity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/527251000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.